Monday, April 20, 2009

THANKS FOR RUINING MY DAY -PART 1

Dear Uncle,

Thank you so much for ruining my perfect Tuesday morning!
Another big THANK YOU for providing me with blogging material
when im having a major BLOG BLOCK!

This wonderful uncle is non other than the Taxi Driver from Trans Cab
who drove me to work this morning.

As usual when I board a cab, I would instructed the cabby to go via
PIE/KPE to my office. This is my usual prefered route as its the cheapest and
fastest way to go Cecil Street. It will always be range from $13.40 to $13.80 .

Okay, so i was sick and tired this morning that i actually kind of doze off
for a while. When I open my eye the next moment...
we are stuck in a Jam few lanes away from KPE exit.
Oh what happen.. why are we at the extreme right lane to CTE instead of left
lane to KPE?

Instantly, I ask him..
ME:Eh uncle, go by KPE mah.. why u take CTE?
Him: HUH, aiyo.... tsk!!

Then try to do a very lame and crappy stunt.. try to maneuver his vehicle to the
left into KPE exit but failed as i already said "We are in a jam, and slightly passed
the KPE exit"

Shit you driver.. Im haven got my driver license and i know that's impossible..
so please dont act..

Him: Tsk.. haiz.. cannot lah too late
Tsk tsk.. you should have tell me early just now.. you know... blah blah blah

simply cut him short by shooting him back... damn you still TSK me!

Me: Uncle, how EARLY you wan me to tell you?! Didnt I tell you PIE/KPE when
i first got on the cab? Not EARLY enough HUH?
And you know CTE is already more expensive, not to mentioned JAM!

That does shut him up ... as we jam (slow traffic) all the way to Cecil Street

There is one point i certainly do not understand. He may have not heard me 'KPE'
and he didnt ask... never bother at all
weird thing was he have seen a Jam forming on the lanes to CTE way before he reach
why did he choose to be on the extreme right lane and not go into KPE to avoid
the JAM? If i didnt wake up and point to him that.. he would have happily queuing up
in the traffic jam


In case, no body understand what im blahling about, i have attached a map
with my own illustrations. Its not exact but closed enough.



I was pissed already while in the cab... and i was intending to pay him only $13.80
shit lor, I have no exact change in my wallet .. there were only 50 dollar notes

When I reach my destination, the meter was at $15.20.
I pass him the $50 dollar bill and ask for receipt.. he was looking for change
So i asked him

Me: So how uncle, you going to charge me for $15?
Him: Yah lah, follow Meter mah, its $15.20 ley.. as he give me his innocent look
Me: Yah Meter say $15.20... but I told you to take KPE.. u opt for CTE
not my problem if fare is higher. My usual is $13+ only ley
Should you charge me $13++??
Him: Hmm no lah.. follow meter (as he point to meter again)
As he gaved back the change and receipt
You call the Tel number on the receipt lah
Me: Oh the tel number huh? To call in and complain lah is it?
Him: Yah Yah, you call and complaint lah
Me: Okay lah.. get off the cab

Oh Man!, Uncle is challenging me to complaint him ar..
Okay Uncle, you shall get what you wished for!

As per what uncle advise to call the tel. number in the receipt
so I did, called Trans Cab complaint Hotline (6555 6666) from 10.45am to 1.15pm
Icalled for like 8 times, line is always transfered, put on hold and then line busy.
Wah SUPERB! to think the complaint line is even HOTTER than the booking
line!

By the way, Uncle, thanks for the discount of $0.20 hor ..
and Im sure going to give you what you wished for..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally manage to speak to someone, not through the complaint line but through the "lost and found" line.

I refused to hang up, and request to speak to a manager. As I was told there should be 5 officers manning the complaint line. Since morning till now, i can never get through... Is there complaint cases too over whelming or the officers are chatting on the line??! Its even busier than Singtel/Starhub line!

This particular helpful CS actually help me to note down my complaint and my particulars, as she is not from the complaint dept, she cant give me a definite answers. But based on estimation, someone from the investigation will contact me with 1 or 2 weeks time.

Oh, so it does take that LOONGGG.. so is that why the cabby challenged me?? As he is well aware, 1st Trans Cab complaint line is forever BUSY and 2nd, it takes that long to revert. So most probably he is going to get away with his rude attitude.

But I just cant let him get away...with this. If he have talk to me nicely or offer to waive off some charges or even apologise that he took the wrong route.. I can just forget about it.

Its after-all only $1.40 extra... I can well afford that

But why should i be taking this kind of shit from you when im the paying customer?!

Im the self-proclaimed TAXI QUEEN... you think i will let you earn our hard-earned money with such bad attitude??

No comments:

Post a Comment